SWELL SCULPTURE FESTIVAL - ENTRIES OPEN
Artists are invited to submit entries to exhibit in the 13th annual SWELL Sculpture Festival (SWELL) set between two iconic headlands of Currumbin Beach, Gold Coast, Australia from 11 – 20 September 2015.
Exhibiting up to 55 sculptures, SWELL supports full freedom of expression for all forms of sculpture and encourage submissions in any medium. Entry is open to local, national and international artists.
The major $15,000 SWELL Sculpture Award sponsored by City of Gold Coast continues in 2015 with additional awards including the highly popular $3,000 Currumbin Beach Vikings SLSC People’s and $3,000 Kids’ Choice Awards, $3,000 Max Fabre Foundation Environmental Awareness Award and $1,500 Jennie Neumann OAM Emerging Artist Award.
SWELL provides artists with the opportunity to exhibit in a highly regarded exhibition set within a visually stimulating, expansive coastal landscape. The free to the public exhibition attracts around 250,000 visitors throughout 10 days.
Artists can simply enter online here.
ENTRIES CLOSE MARCH 6 2015
- Awards total $27,000 including $15,000 Swell Sculpture Award
- An audience of 250,000 visitors
- Coastal expanse to exhibit works with site-specific opportunities
- National media exposure
- Sculpture lighting potential
- Swell Smalls Gallery - an exhibition of smaller works
- Artist talks
- Twilight walks
- Kids’ workshops
- All sculptures are for sale
- Complimentary festivities during the 10 days