This event is presented by Brisbane City Council.
Rhizome: Creative Arts Symposium
WHEN: 19th March 2015
WHERE: Queensland Multicultural Centre, 102 Main St, Kangaroo Point, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 4169
A super-charged, interactive and participatory event for all Brisbane creatives. Based on a knowledge-sharing model of facilitated group conversations, this is action-oriented learning focusing on how we put ourselves and our work out there in the world and build audience, markets and fans. Designed to be fun, and with maximum time for collaboration and creativity, exchanging insights and ideas, and getting to know other creatives from across art forms, all in one day.
REASONS TO ATTEND RHIZOME
• Meet like-minded creatives and future collaborators
• Take time out to reflect on your work, practice and career
• Grow your knowledge of the industry and Brisbane’s creative community
• Identify opportunities for your own personal, professional and career development
• Develop the skills required to succeed in the current arts climate
• Be inspired by, learn from and share your knowledge and experience with other Brisbane creatives
WHO ATTENDS RHIZOME?
Rhizome participants are independent, professional, emerging, artists, arts workers, students and producers from across a range of art forms and creative practice such as theatre, dance, music, visual arts, literary arts, fashion, design, crafts, games, and community cultural development from Brisbane’s arts, cultural and creative industries.
Rhizome is the term for a modified subterranean stem of a plant, usually underground and one that sends out roots and offshoots. The creative sector is an ecology that is just as interconnected. It develops in many different ways and grows new ideas, outcomes and sometimes - you don’t know what you have until you grow it.