PASTE AND CREATE YOU OWN WALL
After so many request, we decided to release details of how we make our paste-up walls so god damn well! Our very first attempt was a live event as apart of Brisbane Street Art Festival in 2016 where we built our own portable wall and collected over 100+ artists work to collage over the MDF wall.
With the assistance of award winning stencil artists, Drunk Horror aka 1337, we learnt the skills to be able to apply to other walls around Brisbane. Follow the instructions below to create your own wall of appreciation.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A flat surface or wall.
- Paper artworks - Use paper under 80gsm weight for best results.
- Wallpaper Crystals - Purchase from Bunnings.
- Dustpan Brush
- Large square tub to mix glue in.
- First step is to sort your artworks into sizes. Make a pile of small, medium and large works.
- Mix up the wallpaper crystals with tap water. Add water to your square tub and add a 1/4 of a packet of crystals and mix well until you have a thick consistency.
- Using the dustpan brush, apply mixed glue to the surface and spread well.
- Apply artwork over glued surface and use the dustpan brush to press down the artwork.
- Apply a small amount of glue over the artwork, with dustpan brush to seal the artwork.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for each artwork and arrange in a collage pattern.
- Once wall is entirely dry (approx 24hr later) apply stickers to the small areas that haven't been covered.
- Finally, apply a lacquer to the whole wall so that edges of each artwork as sealed. For the best results, use a paint brush.
If you can't be bothered with these steps, we are currently selling our portable wall as apart of our Pozible crowdfunding campaign. It is perfect for use as an art wall to hang from or to divide space in any room! More details here: https://pozible.com/project/205449